Submit your resume for upcoming opportunities
Inhouse Legal Counsel - 4 PAE + - Real Estate Investment Company
Classifications: Legal professional
Sub Classifications: Generalists - In-house
Tags: #legaljobsmelbourne #gatehouselegalrecruitment
- In brand new prestigious CBD offices
- Investing in Commercial Real Estate from apartments to luxury hotels
- EXCLUSIVE TO GATEHOUSE LEGAL RECRUITMENT
Join a fun INHOUSE legal time with personality/ National Investment Company / Liaise with internal and external stakeholders / Fantastic package.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Lawyer to join a fast growing National Real Estate Investment Company with billions of dollars under their management, including from major Australian super funds.
The company invests in major Commercial Real Estate projects from apartments to home maker centres to luxury hotels.
As a market leader in a highly specialised area of commercial real estate investment, you will join the legal team and work one on one with a down to earth General Counsel and Chief Risk Officer and have hands on involvement with the investment team and become a part of the business.
The company has doubled in size in the last 12 months and expects to double again in size in the next 12 months due to the opportunities in the market.
You will assist with the management of all legal finance transactions including but not limited to:
- Reviewing supplier contracts and documentation to establish facts and legal risks for the company;
- Drafting and reviewing agreements relating to borrower facilities and securities and providing commercial advice to the business for when it negotiates with third parties;
- Structuring, monitoring and executing settlements and real estate construction loans.
- Undertake and complete commercial, legal and risk reviews and projects; and
- Coordinate the release of funds as set out in a credit proposals and contracts.
On offer is:
This rare inhouse legal counsel position within this exciting company will offer you:
- The opportunity to move inhouse into a truly commercial role where you will advise and protect the interests of the company;
- You will be given direct access to the General Counsel which is still in its infancy;
- There are incredible future opportunities on offer here too for the successful candidate to join this legal team as the company is in growth mode;
- You will join a fun, collaborative and friendly team environment where you will also sharpen your commercial business skills from leaders in the real estate and and banking worlds working directly with the risk and investment teams;
- You will be rewarded with an excellent salary package; and
- Work within stunning new CBD offices which they have recently moved into.
The ideal candidate will:
- At least 4 years PAE experience in transactional banking and finance from either private practice or a similar in house role (although more experienced candidates are strongly encouraged to apply).
- If you are currently working within a legal team at a bank or lender or property developer, this will be highly regarded, however candidates with corporate, commercial or property law experience who have an interest in the commercial property market will also be considered.